It’s Leap Year! This special year only happens once every four years, so it’s a great excuse to slow down, re-focus, and analyze your partners in the shipping industry.
We know there are lots of options for who to select for your freight shipping and logistics partner. There are obvious pros and cons of working with each company. At Vestra, we understand that you always have a choice, and we are transparent about our processes and pricing.
Considerations for selecting your shipping partner
When you’re deciding who to trust with your shipment, there are many factors to consider. We’ve outlined some of the most important things to ponder in your partner search:
- What are you shipping? Take into account the value of your shipment. Is your carrier experienced in dealing with unique or fragile loads? Are they transparent in their processes? Are they available when you have questions? Can you track your cargo’s location?
- Geographic Coverage. Can your shipping partner get your goods where they need to go? Are they experienced in moving shipments via various modes of transportation (domestic trucking, import/export, ocean, air)?
- Transit Time. How urgently does your shipment need to arrive at its final destination? Do you have a preferred route? It’s always a good idea to double-check that your shipment will arrive as it should.
- Customer Service. What happens when you need to contact someone at your shipping broker company? Are they available? Is their customer service friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful?
- Liability Coverage. In the event that your shipment gets lost or damaged, what’s the policy of your broker? Does the liability meet the actual value of the freight?
- Price. Especially for small businesses, price is always a consideration. Many different factors determine the price you are quoted and charged, including discounts, base rates, and net price. Is there a minimum charge? What is your freight classification? What are the FAK provisions? What’s the shipment weight? Are there additional accessorial fees?
Why choose Vestra?
At Vestra Logistics, we have a proven track record of delivering shipments of all types on-time and within budget, not just for the U.S. Military, but for a wide variety of customers.
- We handle shipments of all kinds. When you need to move items such as food, fuels, clothing, medical material, or general supplies worldwide, we’re able to use carriers and vehicles of all types. Our experience includes heavy lift and haul project shipping. We are transparent in our partnerships and flexible to meet a variety of needs.
- Our network spans the globe. Whether you have a domestic shipment or a more complicated shipment that requires the flexibility of transportation options by air, land, sea, and waterways, we’ve got you covered. We understand that some shipments may need to be moved to remote destinations, and we are more than happy to handle that.
- Transit time. When there’s urgency or sensitivity around the timing of pick up and arrival of your shipment, we’ll provide the best options to ensure that the shipping process goes smoothly.
- Top-notch customer service. At Vestra, we’re not just trucking and logistics experts. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service. When you call our lines, a real person will answer the phone and will be friendly and helpful and knowledgeable.
- Liability coverage. We offer liability coverage plans that you can select from to protect your shipment in the off case that it’s harmed.
- Competitive pricing. We understand that pricing drives many selection decisions when it comes to shipping brokers, and we offer competitive prices for all of our customers.
Who we serve
At Vestra, we’re military logistics and so much more. We proudly serve:
- Government entities including the U.S. Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM)
- Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC)
- The U.S. Department of Defense (DOD)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as well as government and commercial contractors who supply these entities
Might we be a match?
We are flexible, dependable, and reliable. Depending on your needs, we likely have options for you and your shipment. We hope that we’re a good match! Our shipping services include:
- Domestic Trucking
- Project Cargo
- Full-Service Customs Brokering
- Import and Export Consultation
- Strategic Partnerships with top-of-the-line Ocean and Air Shippers
We’re a women-owned small business
When you select Vestra as your shipping partner, you have access to a wealth of resources through the US Small Business Administration. There are significant federal dollars that are allocated to women-owned small businesses, and we have the resources to stand above other businesses. We have a thorough understanding of the contracts, systems, operational requirements, and protocols necessary to move Freight All Kinds (FAK).
Take the leap and choose Vestra as your shipping partner! Call today for a quote: 844.7VESTRA (783-7872).