“In the olden days” nobody really knew what their transportation costs were – they didn’t have the data. Even as recently as the 1990s, detailed transaction data was expensive to capture, expensive to store and super expensive to analyze.
Back in those days, no one asked Nike where their sneakers were made or Starbucks about slave labor on remote coffee plantations.
These days, more companies in more industries are becoming more accountable for their supply chain, from electronics to clothing.
But the world has changed, storage is cheap, and the explosion of data and the internet means that you can track your pizza delivery across town and examine the details of every visitor to your website.
- All the information is out there on individual shipments and their costs.
- The analytics exist to turn masses of raw data into useful information.
- The display tools exist to turn information into relevant business dashboards.
Are you hands-on in a business with a substantial transportation budget? If so we have a double challenge for you – if you’re looking to improve your business bottom line.
- Ask your current transportation provider to show you your costs. Find out if they can and if they will.
- Give us a lane – don’t tell us what you paid – just what you sent, where and when. We’ll tell you what it actually cost.
Then come and talk to us about Partnership Pricing and the business advantages of full transparency.